If you have a lovely lady or gent in your life, you’re probably well aware of the impending, chocolate and flower-infused holiday that’s hot on our heels! February 14th is the day to declare your love for that someone special. Stuck on ideas for what to do? We have put together some great date ideas, presents and treats to spoil your better half and show just how much you love them. If you’re still trying to piece together the sweetest date, mind blowing gift or delicious sweet treat for your loved one, including one of these hot ideas is a must to win their heart this Valentine’s Day! Read on and discover some romantic Valentines day ideas!
Romantic Valentines Day Ideas – Tip Number 1: Sweet treats are the way to their heart
Ever heard the saying food is the way to the heart? Its true and with these delicious cupcakes and cakes with cute Valentine’s Day designs we couldn’t agree more with this saying. Treat your girl or guy to some delicious cupcakes with love hearts on top or a delicious cake and he/she will be swooning over your thoughtful and delicious love treat.
If you cannot find the perfect gift for your loved one on Valentine’s day, then try something unique and fun; valentine’s day cupcakes! They can be baked in different shapes, flavours, sizes and colours. Valentine’s Day cupcakes shows your loved ones that you care about them. If you know what your loved one likes as his/her favourite flavour, then your work becomes easier and making cupcakes in their favourite flavour shows that you know them well. Valentine’s Day cupcakes can be eaten after a lovely dinner or just at anytime of this special day. If you do not have that special someone gather a few friends for a small party and bake the Valentine’s Day cupcakes for them. Cute!
Couture bakes specialise in cakes, cupcakes, cookies and sweet treats that we guarantee would satisfy your partners sweet tooth. They can customise any order request you like so contact them today to discuss what you would like to give your lover! Red velvet cakes are in theme with Valentines day and would be the perfect treat to give your loved one. Couture bakes make gorgeous red velvet cupcakes!
Woo your loved one with delicious treats from Adixions this year. Cake flavours are many to choose from and to enjoy, but you can’t go past Adixions signature chocolate mud cake with double layers of frangelico ganache. Other sweet delights such as french macarons, divine chocolate truffles, cake pops are also popular as treats. Your guy or girl will be in heaven with these sweet treats this Valentines’s day! How delicious do these cakes look and they fit perfectly with Valentine’s day theme. Give something sweet to your sweetie this Valentine’s day with the help from Adixions.
Silver’s Cupcake Corner is a dynamic and appealing bakery, located in Kellyville New South Wales. Silver’s Cupcake Corner operates 6 days a week and specialises in Wedding cakes, engagement cakes, novelty cakes, corporate cupcakes, speciality cupcakes and cake pops. Not only do they provide delicious cupcakes & cakes made from the finest ingredients but they also cater for celiac, nut and dairy free individuals. So you can be sure to impress your loved one with a sweet treat from Silvers cupcake corner this Valentine’s day. We are loving these cute cupcake designs, mmm now we are all craving cupcakes in the office!
Nothing says love like food, especially if you make it yourself with love. If you’re someone who loves to bake, why not treat your loved one with these delicious red velvet cupcakes? Follow this delicious recipe and impress your girl or guy and find the way to their heart with this sweet idea!
- 120g butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1⅓ cups caster sugar
- 4 tsp cocoa
- 4 tsp red food colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240ml buttermilk (or add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to normal milk)
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp white wine vinegar
- 100g butter at room temperature
- 250g cream cheese at room temperature
- 250g white chocolate, melted and cooled
- 4-5 cups sifted icing sugar
- 24 Lindt balls
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Cream the butter, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix the vanilla extract, cocoa powder and red food colouring into a paste. Add the paste to the creamed mixture.
- Add half the buttermilk and mix until combined, followed by half of the flour and baking powder. Mix until incorporated and then add the remainder of the buttermilk and flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add the salt, bicarbonate of soda and white wine vinegar and continue mixing for another 5 minutes until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin and fill approximately ¾ full. Pop a Lindt ball on top of each cupcake (they will sink as they bake).
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cupcakes slightly spring back when touched.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool slightly in their tin before turning out onto a wire rack
- Melt the white chocolate in short bursts on a medium heat in the microwave. Set aside and cool until lukewarm.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth in a large bowl. Add in the lukewarm white chocolate.
- Gradually add in the icing sugar until incorporated. Continue mixing for 5 minutes until the icing is light and fluffy.
- Spoon icing into a piping bag and pipe swirls onto the cooled cupcakes.
Tip Number 2: Don’t show up empty handed
If your looking for that amazing gift for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day then look no further then Michael Arthur. Jewellery is always a great gift idea for that someone special on Valentine’s day (particularly the ladies)! Michael Arthur, located in Sydney, specialises in spectacular handcrafted jewellery. He will give you the amazing opportunity to collaborate and put your own flair into the creation purchase. You will be allowed to help choose the diamond, the type of gold or platinum, as well as the intricate design, meaning you can personalise the piece of jewellery to be exactly what you are looking for! What’s more is that after helping choose the design, you will be able to actually watch him melt down the gold and create the piece right there in front of your eyes! We think this is incredible and the perfect way to buy a gift for someone you care about! Also note that Michael Arthur is able to offer specialised jewellery insurance which is a very important precaution to take just in case anything was to happen! So for those of you who are planning to surprise their special lady this Valentine’s day, here are a few amazing ring ideas we’ve fallen in love with!
And no pressure but for those of you who are ready, its every girls dream to be proposed to on Valentines day! What a way to remember February the 14th, make this Valentine’s day one to remember by proposing to the love of your life with a beautiful diamond ring from Michael Arthur.
Tip Number 3: Flowers & Decorations
Flowers are a beautiful and thoughtful present for Valentines Day for your girl. Just make sure to follow these tips when placing your Valentine’s day flower order this year.
1. Plan in advance and do not leave it until the very last minute. Girls can see straight through last minute ideas on Valentines Day and it can end up costing you more too!
2. If you don’t already know, ask your partner’s best friend or mum what her favourite flowers and colours are. Knowing this will go a long way.
3. Pre-order your flowers, either by calling or placing an online order at least 48 hours in advance. If you partner is working on the day, she will LOVE you sending flowers to the office.
4. Take some time to think about what you would love to say on your card message or don’t write anything at all and let the flowers speak for you.
Pretty Little Flowers is a Sydney based online floral boutique. Pretty Little Flowers signature boxes include 25 premium roses suitable for any occasion and are just perfect for Valentine’s Day. Each delivery is a bespoke creation handcrafted fresh everyday. They are dedicated to delivering an inspired style that speaks to the heart of those who love to give and receive roses. Place your order by 10am for same day delivery, any order placed after 11am will be delivered on the next business day! Check out these gorgeous bouquets for your loved one.
The Artificial Garden is Sydney’s Northern Beaches newest retailer of quality artificial plants and flowers. They have beautiful flowers for your loved one this Valentine’s day. They sell everything from single stem flowers and succulents to bouquets.
Weekly blooms are a Sydney based flower subscription service where beautifully arranged bouquets using the freshest of flowers are delivered to your home or office once a week or fortnight. This year they they are offering a Valentines day Subscription! Score some brownie points & spoil your valentine with not just 1, but 4 weekly bouquets of blooms this valentines day! The subscription will start on Sunday 14th February 2016 with the 3 following bouquets delivered every Monday thereafter (22/2, 29/2, 7/3 & 14/3). They can also create beautiful one off special bunches for that someone special on Valentine’s day.
If you plan on having a cute dinner at home you could use some gorgeous decorations from Ruby & Rabbit Partyware. We love their cute range! Check it out:
These oh so cute mini wooden pegs are so sweet. Perfect to decorate & package with, you could clip them onto your gift to your loved one! Or you could get creative and print off lots of love quotes and peg them to some twine around the dining room so your loved one can read them when they walk in the door, awww how cute! For a pack of 20 pegs for only $4.95 its a steal!
We love these retro-cool convo heart toppers in cute colours with fun phrases! Bake some sweets for your girl or guy and top them with these adorable heart toppers. Get an 8 pack for only $16.95.
Serve up your love cooked dinner on the gorgeous hot magenta pink paper party plates. Mix & match them with Ruby & Rabbit Partyware’s fun range of solid coloured plates & cups YAY! Get a 24 pack for only $8.95!
Pretty up your at home date night with this gold glitter hearts paper garland! Each adorable heart is hand punched from gold glitter quality card stock & stitched with cream 100% cotton thread. Each garland is finished with tiny crystal beads at both ends. Only $25.95!
Tip Number 4: Take your Special One on a Date to Remember!
Date night on Valentine’s day is very important! Men- take note. No matter if a girl says she doesn’t mind if you don’t do anything on Valentines day, its all lies. She wants it all. The dinner, the gifts, the chocolate, the flowers and even a diamond ring! Ladies, your men also want to be showed how much you love and appreciate them so its also important to include something they would love this Valentine’s day too! We have come up with some date ideas for you this Valentine’s day! Check them out and choose one which suits you and your love the most!
1. Hands down, one of the most romantic date ideas: plan a romantic dinner in the comfort of home. Go with a style that suits the two of you best — elegant (candles, rich Italian cuisine, fine wine), playful (PJs and heart-shaped pizza with a cheap bottle of red), or anything in-between!
2. Plan a picnic at sunset. Pack a picnic basket with treats, wine, glasses, napkins and a sweet picnic rug.
3. The couple that laughs, lasts. So ditch the dinner and a movie plan. Go to dinner and the comedy club to get your funny-fix in together!
4. Hit up the spa for a luxurious couples’ massage. Get cute matching robes and make use of the sauna and spa rooms. Ahhhhh, talk about the perfect Valentine’s date idea!
5. If your the active couple go for a hike or beach walk and take some cute snaps together!
6. Take a cooking class together. Explore gourmet goodness like chocolate-making, sushi-rolling, cocktail mixing, beer tasting, etc.
We love these cute date night photos! Perfect inspo for your Valentine’s date night.
We hope these Valetines’ day tips help to impress your date!