I know Anzac biscuits are the hit for Anzac day so I thought why not let’s make some beautiful clouds of gluten free coconut macaroons and serve them with Aussie orange & poppy seed flavoured Italian mascarpone cream cheese. Enjoy this lovely gluten free ANZACs day recipe on a very special ANZAC day.
Ingredients For Gluten Free ANZACs Day Recipe:
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Orange & poppy seed mascarpone
- 1 tub (250g) mascarpone cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sifted icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange rind
- Juice of half an orange
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a mixing bowl whisk egg whites and salt until stiff
- Fold in honey, vanilla and coconut
- Drop a rounded tablespoon of mixture onto alined baking tray
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned
- For the mascarpone cream cheese simply fold in the icing sugar, rind, juice and poppy seeds until well combined
- Have a little taste test 😉
- You can have fun with the orange & poppy seed mascarpone making it look pretty with your yummy fluffy macaroons (use a piping bag with a fun shaped tip or simply use 2 teaspoons to make neat oblong shaped creaminess.
Enjoy your macaroons! Contact Adixions in Adelaide to cater for your next event.