With Christmas and New Year parties coming up we thought it would be a great idea to make our own party crackers. Homemade crackers are not hard to make as you may think, and you can put whatever kind of gift you want inside; personalised messages, lollies, thoughtful gifts, confetti, etc. Make sure to include the kids throughout the project, they will feel involved and will love it. Do you want to know what’s the best thing about these crackers? You probably have most of the materials at home already! Have a look at our DIY party crackers video tutorial below for step-by-step instructions.
What you will need
- Toilet paper rolls (1 per cracker)
- Tissue paper or any type of paper to wrap the crackers
- Baker’s twine or ribbon
- Accessories to decorate the cracker. We’ve used ribbon but you could use stickers, colourful fabrics, pen to draw, etc.
- Confetti to put inside the cracker. Once again, up to you to personalise your cracker the way you would like!
Method used in the party crackers video tutorial
- Fill up the toilet paper roll with confetti or with your personalised gift
- Roll tissue paper over the toilet roll
- Tie some baker’s twine or ribbon onto the end of the cracker
- Cut off the excess of tissue paper
- Decorate your party cracker!
We’d love to hear how your party crackers turned out! Let us know in the comments below. And make sure to tag @partyaffairs on social media if you share your own attempts at fabricating party crackers.
Need some more inspiration for the decoration? Check out these amazing versions below.